Metals, Metallurgy EngineerNagoya, Aichi
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems.
We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the industrial champions.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Metals / Metallurgical Engineers are needed to support the goals and objectives of the various Boeing commercial programs (737/747/767/777/787) and projects being conducted by Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) in Japan and Asian region (South Korea, Malaysia, etc). BR&T is currently supporting Boeing serialized production and the integration of manufacturing technologies in this region. We are looking for engineers who can lead and work collaboratively on metals-related issues and act as the company representative at supplier, sub-tier supplier, and academic premises.
- Support audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements and production schedule need dates.
- Ensure materials, processes and equipment readiness for qualification.
- Conduct root-cause and corrective action activities to ensure manufactured parts and processes meet engineering and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with stakeholders in Boeing procurement and quality organizations and Boeing Suppliers to ensure M&P support is integrated with airplane schedule and rate requirements.
- Participate in various Research & Development (R&D) projects to develop new and innovative materials and processes to improve production quality, safety, and reduce production costs and flows.
Other job related information
Candidate must be eligible to be stationed Nagoya and work in Japan.
Travel up to 25% will be required within Japan and other Asian countries (South Korea, Malaysia, etc.) to fulfill this work statement at Boeing suppliers and to USA as needed.
Offered as a renewable fixed-term one-year contract. Contract may convert to open-ended depending on performance and business needs.
Engineering Bachelor of Science degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or similar degrees are required.
- Have a minimum of 5 years proven experience in relevant application areas
- Strong project management skills
- Engineering background
- Prior experience with commercial airplane materials, parts, or processes with OEM or sub-tier suppliers.
- Flexibility to work on different technology areas and applications related to aerospace manufacturing
- Proven ability to work in multidiscipline teaming environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas
Manufacturing, fabrication, assembly lines, production control, and quality assurance
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: Aluminum and Titanium alloys, metal finishing, fastening/assembly, forging, casting and machining processing (milling, drilling, fastening), fracture analysis, etc.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Japan where the position is located.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Relocation support is available if the candidate is eligible.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More