Producibility MBE Engineer - Nagoya, JapanNagoya, Aichi
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) defines, executes and delivers innovative engineering technology solutions to the entire Boeing enterprise. The Boeing Research & Technology team in Japan specifically supports regional innovation excellence across SE Asia in collaboration with industry, academia, and government partners.
We are seeking a Producibility Model Based Engineering Engineer to work with Design, Manufacturing and Production Engineering teams to develop model-based logistics, EHS, assembly, flow, and variation analysis methods, tools, and enablers.
This position is based in Nagoya.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing formal systems engineering artefacts for producibility analysis
- Linking digital analysis and simulation models to requirements
- Developing training plans and train team members
- Development and implementation of new designs of the program architecture for build. With the specific focus on Producibility aspects.
- Development and implementation of the build plans.
- Analysis and resolution of the technical problems from the manufacturing engineering perspective.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Engineering Bachelor of Science degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree is required.
- Have a minimum of 3 years proven experience in relevant application areas.
- Manufacturing Engineering projects in Aerospace or Automotive Industry
- Either industry or academic experience. A mixture of both is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of airplane or automotive manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of systems modelling (e.g. Cameo, Rhapsody) and requirements management (e.g. DOORS) systems.
- Knowledge of CATIA and Enovia, as well as the 3DEXPERIENCE environment.
- Knowledge of modelling and simulation tools across a variety of domains such as those found in ANSYS suite, Dassault Simulia, MATLAB & Simulink, Siemens Simcenter, etc.
- Knowledge of Discrete Event Simulation (DES) systems such as Delmia, SimEvents, Simio, ProModel, etc.
- Strong project planning, management and execution skills.
- Prior experience with aerospace materials, parts, or fabrication processes.
- Flexibility to learn and work across a variety of aerospace manufacturing technologies and applications.
- Proven ability to collaborate productively in multidiscipline teaming environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
- (For native Japanese language speakers, English translation support can be provided for interview stage only.)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Japanese.
- Confident public speaker.
- Strategic thinker with respect to aerospace markets, trends, and economics.
- Knowledge of Python scripting
The selected candidate will be required to work on-site (with some flex) at Boeing Japan’s Nagoya office.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Employer is not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Other Job-related Information:
This requisition is for a locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities