Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
We are seeking for Project Management Specialist who will be part of the MITAC (Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation) Services Program and assigned at the Customer site in Nagoya, Japan.
1. Provide day to day program execution support; providing direction for issue resolution; support teams in risk definition, provide program scope details; develop and implement program plan. Supporting the Lead, acts as the primary contact to the program teams, internal and external to the Customer. Coordinates the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between program, teams, scheduling and suppliers of the Customer.
2. Develop and maintain/update presentation material for leadership reviews, create schedules with timelines for key milestones and provide visibility on important projects, establish and facilitate effective meetings, implement improvements and organize logistics of events (workshops, green rooms, etc).
3. Collect, assemble, organize and analyze data in order to track and share metrics with minimal direction. Apply knowledge of policies, procedures, regulations (ex. Export compliance, intellectual property, etc.) and program management best practices (PMBP) to ensure progress toward deliverables.
4. Work with leadership to determine the purpose and content of each meeting/review, coordinates and develops executive level briefings and utilizes appropriate technologies to enable interaction/collaboration. Gather requirements (ex. Major tasks, deliverables, feasibility, life cycle) for projects and ensure goals are aligned with company and organization objectives.
5. With limited supervision, develop and maintain program level schedule and budget; monitor and track execution of the plan and communicate status to all program/project participants; negotiate project changes and incorporate changes into project control systems to maintain work statements, cost and schedule baselines.
6. Develop and sustain productive customer relationships as they relate to project team leadership responsibilities.
This position is located in Nagoya, Japan.
This requisition is for A ONE YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT as an international, locally hired person. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in Japan. Benefits and pay are determined in line with Japanese labor market practices. Contract extension will be based on candidate performance and business requirements.
IT IS NOT FOR AN EXPAT ASSIGNMENT.
Digital Aviation & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
1. Demonstrated work experience in integrated schedules, earned value management and other relevant execution metrics and return on investment metrics, and change management.
2. Demonstrated work experience developing and documenting processes and process improvement.
3. Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate through different international cultures and subcultures and meet program/project objectives.
4. Demonstrated experience in both small and large projects/programs.
5. Flexibility to work across time zones and organizations: work hours and schedules will vary to support business requirements
6. Demonstrated execution in problem solving and improvement projects
7. Customer focus
8. The successful candidate will have a multidisciplinary background with a proven track record having demonstrated the key competences listed above.
9. Experience leading teams and/or influencing others in a matrix organization is required.
10. Experience managing complex integration between companies and teams.
11. Knowledge of airplane design
12. Knowledge of customer support products and processes
a. Projects assigned will be dependent on qualifications and abilities.
b. Previous international experience desirable.
c. Ability to speak Japanese
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award