Returnship Program – Materials & Process Engineer -Nagoya, JapanNagoya, Aichi
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The “Boeing Return Flight program” is a returnship program designed for talented professionals looking to relaunch their professional journey after an extended career break and absence from the workforce.
Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) defines, executes and delivers innovative engineering technology solutions to the entire Boeing enterprise. The Boeing Research & Technology team in Japan specifically supports regional innovation excellence across SE Asia in collaboration with industry, academia, and government partners.
We are seeking an Interior Composite Materials & Process Engineer to support production supply chain and research projects conducted by BR&T Japan in the Southeast Asia region. BR&T is seeking an Engineer who will lead and work collaboratively on interiors / composite material research projects and act as the company representative during interactions with the Boeing’s industrial, academic, and government partners.
This position is based in Nagoya.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage audit programs to qualify suppliers to engineering requirements and production schedules.
- Ensure materials, processes and equipment readiness for qualification.
- Lead and participate in complex root-cause and corrective action activities to ensure manufactured parts and processes meet engineering and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with stakeholders in Boeing procurement and quality organizations and Boeing Suppliers to ensure M&P support reflects the requirements of both supply chain and engineering design.
- Engage in technical and/or strategic technology conversations with both internal and external partners, stakeholders, and collaborators.
- Represent the Boeing Company as a regional technology expert.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be out of the workforce for at least 18-24 months (combined or consecutive)
- Engineering Bachelor of Science degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree is required.
- Have a minimum of 3 years proven experience in relevant application areas.
- Manufacturing process and / or Material Revision Board
- Either industry or academic experience. A mixture of both is preferred.
- Strong project planning, management and execution skills.
- Experience in completing requirements-driven materials and process analysis and compiling detailed engineering reports.
- Prior experience with aerospace materials, parts, or fabrication processes.
- Flexibility to learn and work across a variety of aerospace manufacturing technologies and applications.
- Proven ability to collaborate productively in multidiscipline teaming environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
- (For native Japanese language speakers, English translation support can be provided for interview stage only.)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Japanese.
- Confident public speaker.
- Strategic thinker with respect to aerospace markets, trends, and economics.
The selected candidate will be required to work on-site (with some flex) at Boeing Japan’s Nagoya office.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Employer is not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Other Job-related Information:
This requisition is for a locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Travel up to 25% will be required. Travel eligibility within Japan, to other Asian countries (such as South Korea, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, China, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, India etc) and to the USA is needed.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities