Flight Deck Crew Operations EngineerNeu-Isenburg, Hesse
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow while contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
Come join the team that designs, tests, and certifies industry-leading, pioneering Flight Decks for Boeing Commercial Airplanes! At any given moment, tens of thousands of Flight Crews around the world are operating and working in the Flight Decks of Boeing-designed airplanes. We are tasked with ensuring that today's designs receive world class support and new and future designs are loved by pilots, advance aviation safety, and improve operational efficiency. The products that you design will be used for decades to come and connect the entire globe.
In Flight Deck, you will define the look and feel of the interface for the pilots. You will be responsible for that design from conception to the end of its service life. Be part of a team of experts in flight operations, with unique knowledge of how flight crews operate our airplanes and what their needs, tasks, and constraints are. In this role, you will work closely with pilots from all over the world to deliver industry leading flight decks.
The successful Flight Deck team member is passionate about aviation and enjoys working with a group of pilots, engineers, Human Factors specialists, and customers who share that same passion.
- Designing, testing, and certifying the look, feel, and operational behavior of the flight deck, from the early conceptual phase to supporting airplanes through their service life;
- Establishing design requirements for changes and enhancements to the flight crew interface on existing or new commercial airplane models, and testing and implementing those improvements;
- Leading multi-functional reviews to understand airplane-level impacts of system failures and the associated flight deck effects and pilot actions;
- Supporting product development efforts to identify new and emerging technologies to increase aviation safety and add new value to our products or services;
- Prototyping cockpit layouts using commercial and company-unique computing tools, and validating design requirements and flight deck design philosophies during test programs using analysis, flight deck simulators, and flight test airplanes;
- Collaborating with pilots, designers, and systems engineers to ensure flight deck interfaces and flight management automation complements the cognitive, physical, sensory and ergonomic capabilities of our pilots;
- Ensuring practical application of Boeing Flight Deck and human factors design principles, commonality and integration with other mission objectives.
A flight deck engineer can have a focus area which may include: airplane system functions (hydraulics, electrical, flight controls, etc.), display formats, menus and control interfaces, display hardware, flight management system, instrument panel layouts, crew alerting, electronic flight bag, crew personal electronic devices, failure effects and analysis, navigation, communication equipment, crew procedures, and crew training. Engineers in this position are expected to independently work assignments, collaborate with teammates, and receive tasking from a lead engineer.
- BSc in Aerospace Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or related subject area or pilot with extensive technical knowledge of commercial airplanes;
- Knowledge of flight deck operations and human factors/ergonomics or user experience/user interface design;
- Min. 2 years of applicable experience in industry or academia.
- MSc in Aerospace Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or related field;
- Track record of applying expertise in flight deck operations and human factors or user experience/user interface design;
- Formal UI/UX design/Human Factors training;
- Experience in planning, conduct and analysis of flight and simulator tests
- Piloting experience;
- Knowledge of pertinent aviation regulations.
- Opportunities to develop new personal and professional skills in a diverse, continually expanding, international working environment;
- Responsibility for a broad spectrum of diverse and varied tasks;
- Creativity and the possibility to submit your ideas in your work area.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in Germany. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN GERMANY. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities