Experienced Contracts & Pricing SpecialistNew Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This requisition is for a locally hired position of Experienced Contracts & Pricing Specialist at experienced/mid- Level, to be based at New Delhi, India. The Contracts & Pricing Specialist will be required to exercise appropriate signature authority in negotiating and contracting for the sale and support of aerospace products, services, technologies, financing in the Defense Sector to support company strategies. Present business solutions to preserve and expand the business. Represent the company in external negotiations to a diverse set of customers. Prepare, negotiate, execute, interpret and administer legally binding complex contractual agreements for The Boeing Company. Coordinate and partners with other internal functional disciplines. Summarize complex contractual issues, develops creative solutions and coordination of contractual risk mitigation.
Responsibilities will include:
- As a member of the International Contracts & Finance team, the Experienced Contracts & Pricing Specialist will be responsible to draft terms & conditions, prepare cost and pricing analysis, identify risks/mitigation for responses to Request for Information and Request for Proposals for platform, follow on support and training aerospace and defense contracts
- Provide contracting expertise and negotiate sale of complex aerospace and defense platforms and follow-on support business.
- Have good knowledge of Defense Acquisition Procedure (DAP) and Defense Procurement Manual (DPM) of the Ministry of Defense, Government of India with specific reference to Standard Contract Document Terms and Conditions
- Represent the company to diverse customers, including Government of India defense institutions with responsibility to develop and/or maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts.
- Partner in the development of business unit strategy and achievement of goals.
- Lead proposal development, negotiation and administration of complex aerospace & defense follow on support and training contracts during the acquisition and execution phases primed through Boeing India entities
- Promote effective working relationship with Boeing US program and contracting counterparts while supporting them in proposal development, negotiations and administration of large aerospace defense contracts primed through Boeing US
- Submit offers and serve as official Boeing representative to the defense services customer for discussing complex contractual issues
- Prepare business cases and provide financial decision support to management for all contracts
- Analyze the risks, issues and opportunities of various contract terms and present them to management
- Work with industry associations and the customer to promote incorporation of balanced terms & conditions in Government of India defense procurement procedures.
- Interpret contract requirements, manage change and resolve conflict.
- Monitor allocated budgets, monthly performance and conduct variance analysis
- Develop, prepare and validate estimates and prices through evaluation of requests for proposal, substantiate estimates/pricing and assemble price proposals.
- Perform analyses and provide recommendations in support of pricing/estimating (risk, financial, competitive, etc.).
- Incorporate data into and maintain structured systems and coordinate program database requirements.
- Perform compliance activities including policy and procedure development, system/tool deployment and training delivery.
- Provide contract support to negotiate and administer countertrade offset programs of The Boeing Company in India
- Invoice customer for payments and follow up actions to ensure timely receipt of payment
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- MBA with an Engineering degree (preferred) with about 8 to 11 years of related work experience
- Must have excellent command of the English language both spoken and written. He should be able to effectively communicate with Boeing US counterparts and customer on a regular basis
- Should be able to understand the intricacies of the contract terms & conditions and convey the Boeing imperatives to the Indian customer while also explaining some of the local implications and interpretations to the Boeing US contracts counterparts
- Experience with multi-national companies in aerospace and defense sectors is desirable
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.