Senior Operational Regulatory Affairs personNew Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This position is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced airline certification leader who wants to mature Boeing’s operational support presence in India/Southern Asia. A successful applicant will have a thorough understanding of airline and/or major operational program certification (e.g. RNP-AR, HUD, EFB, LVO, EDTO, Airline Training Program, etc.), complex system design, integration, and compliance statement management. The successful candidate is able to thrive as an essential part of a collaborative environment that extends to external stakeholders and will be able to successfully balance tactical business needs while working towards strategic goals.
The position represents Global Engagement & Training and has responsibility for representing enterprise interests on operational regulatory and safety issues and policies to the airlines and local regulators in the region. The position is responsible for formulating and executing key regulatory and safety engagement strategies to meet Boeing’s business goals and objectives. The successful candidate will work closely with the leadership of Global Engagement & Training, Product & Services Safety, Boeing International, Boeing Commercial Airplane, and Boeing Global Services, in addition to multiple external stakeholders.
Relocation/assignment benefits will be provided. Training, as needed, for this role will be provided at a Regional Onboarding event and in New Delhi, India.
- Asses local regulatory framework to ensure that Boeing smartly operates within the regulatory landscape proximate to proposed efforts, e.g. introduction of CBTA, new Boeing aircraft type etc.
- Assist local airlines with Operational Entry-Into-Service questions, assisting in the design and execution of the application process with their regulator.
- Liaise between airline, local regulators and other Boeing teams, as needed
- Develop and foster relationships with local regulatory agencies, including leaders of the various divisions (Airworthiness, Flight Standards, etc.), in partnership with Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Boeing Global Services, Boeing International, Boeing Test & Evaluation, and Sales
- Provide operational insight on local regulatory and safety policies in the region to actively promote understanding of policies by Boeing business units, articulating both risks and opportunities relative to business goals
- Serve as a focal point for airline regulatory & technical issue communication(s) between regulatory agencies and Boeing leadership
- Develop and foster relationships between local airlines, their regulator, and regional industry associations
- Participate in Boeing's global regulatory issues management process
- Shape’s culture of the team through action, presence, and reinforcement of behaviors
- Lead and champion initiatives with the regulators and industry stakeholders on operational issues
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree from an accredited course of study
- 10+ years of managerial experience within an Air Carrier or DGCA overseeing Flight Standards/Airworthiness program design and/or approval
- Experience working with airline certification/validation procedures and processes
- Open-minded and comfortable working in a partnership environment, while being a champion for functional, safety, and regulatory priorities
- The ability and willingness to travel to domestic or international sites approximately 40% of the time, sometimes at short notice
- Excellent English communication skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Airline Start-Ups, the ICAO Five-Phase certification process, and program integration, both at the airline and regulator level
- Experience with complex system gap analysis, and ensuing solution(s) to correct identified operational discrepancies
- Experience with Safety Management System integration into the system and organizational design
- Experience working collaboratively with external companies and/or organizations in certification and/or safety matters
- Fluent in Indian, and technical mastery of the English language (verbal/written)
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable
- Ability to proactively influence operational outcomes, set strategy, and develop and monitor action plans to execute that strategy
- Promote a high-performance culture by cultivating and motivating through coaching, mentoring, and providing regular and meaningful feedback
- Innovative, apolitical, resilient, fact-based, and creative solutions-focused mindset, with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, collaborative environment and to manage conflict
- Embody our value of being inclusive and understanding that diverse and inclusive teams produce strong results. They ensure that everyone in their organization has equal access to opportunity regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or age
Export Control Requirements: This is an export control position.
Export Control Details: Non – US based job
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities