Associate Fabrication TechnicianNew Orleans, Louisiana
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking an Fabrication Technician to support the team in New Orleans, Louisiana. This position is with the Boeing Exploration Launch Systems supporting production of the NASA SLS Core Stage and is based at the NASA Michoud Assembly Facility. The Fabrication Technician will be engaged in a highly team-oriented, flexible work environment utilizing multiple skills to accomplish diverse task assignments.
- Performs machine set-up, machining, welding set-up, welding, sheet metal fabrication, and tube bending and fabrication tasks
- Performs thermal protective systems preparation, application and trimming
- Assembles precision mechanical and electro-mechanical components
- Assembles, repairs, modifies and installs various assemblies for flight and qualification hardware
- Perform soldering on electronic and avionics products
- Assembles and installs wire harnesses and avionics products
- Prepares test articles, fixtures and data collection devices to perform various tests
- Performs basic organic chemical conversion and paint preparation
- Applies routine organic coatings for corrosion protection and appearance requirements
- Works on articles of limited complexity following established drawings and requirements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to clear both Boeing and NASA safety-sensitive background checks.
This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- The ability to perform manual labor inside or outside throughout the year in a variety of extreme weather condition
- The employee must meet medical requirement for work in geographic areas.
- The employee must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Applicant will operate a forklift and mobile crane.
- The work shift and baseline which schedule may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working in aerospace
- Experience building 3D objects from 2D prints
- Strong computer skills
High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position has export control requirements for which US citizenship is required.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More