Mid-Level M&P EngineerNew Orleans, Louisiana
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are looking for a Mid-Level M&P Engineer to join our team in New Orleans, LA.
- The ability to generate specifications, test plans and other documents to manage the deployment of materials, parts and processes
- Maintain compliance with contractual and regulatory obligations and promotes standardization across business activities
- Evaluates and implements emerging technologies for potential application to business needs
- Develops and qualifies new materials, parts and processes to meet requirements
- Integrates new technologies as appropriate
- Assists and conducts test and audit programs of manufacturing and engineering processes to applicable requirements
- Conducts and leads analysis to determine reasons for failures of materials, parts and processes
- Implements corrective and preventative actions responding to non-conformance conditions and RCCAs (Root Cause and Corrective Action)
- Designs, develops and qualifies computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements
The specific skills associated with these requirements should include:
Thermal Protection (TP) and Thermal Protection Systems (TPS)
- Knowledge of requirements leading up to and inclusive of spray on and pour applications in addition to substrate clean, water break free (WBF), prime, verification testing, TPS application and verification testing
- Experience in manufacturing techniques and processes used to apply and verify system materials
- Preparation and verification of planning documents used to guide and clarify processes used to compile manufacturing floor procedures and presentation of such to respective boards including but not limited to the Specification Control Board
- Experience related to production scale-up, process development, verification and validation in the manufacturing environment
- Transition and implementation of material and process lab qualification data and requirements to efficient and effective manufacturing processes
- These skill requirements will be embedded in the Boeing M&P Production Support Team and will work side by side with Boeing and NASA M&P Engineers
Contamination Control Engineering
- Experience in Contamination Control and the application in Space Flight Vehicles
- Understanding and experience with Government, Industry and Engineering Specifications
- Experience in the application of governing documents and specification in the manufacturing environment
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in materials and processes engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's or higher in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Experience of processes and materials used in space flight vehicles such as bonding adhesives, films, tapes, coatings, primers, etc used in nominal, flight and cryogenic environments
- Metallurgy experience
- Experience with 2000 series aluminum alloys, Inconel, and titanium.
- Experience and understanding of corrosion in 2000 series aluminum alloys
- Fasteners and Application experience
- Experience related aerospace fasteners, standards and applications.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More