Mid-Level Manufacturing EngineerNew Orleans, Louisiana
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense & Space (BDS) is currently looking for a Mid-Level Manufacturing Engineer to join the Manufacturing Engineering Team located in New Orleans, LA. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies.
· Develops and implements production and tooling methodologies.
· Participates on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to integrate technical solutions across multiple disciplines.
· Develops, identifies and implements conceptual designs and maintains the program architecture for build. Leads and implements manufacturing plans.
· Conducts producibility and variation analyses to ensure that manufacturing process capability matches requirements.
· Assists in providing producibility information for inclusion in project plans and helps document producibility best practices.
· Analyzes design/build concepts to evaluate producible design/build definitions. Resolves technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule.
· Coordinates and implements new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts.
· Validates and ensures production readiness of solutions to complex problems. Implements lean principles and technologies.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
3 or more years of experience in a lead role as a manufacturing technology analyst or manufacturing planner or manufacturing engineer.
3 or more years of experience establishing manufacturing build plans
3 or more years of experience working in a production focused engineering role
3 or more years of experience working with tooling and/or manufacturing operations processes
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Experience working with NASA, commercial space or related DOD programs.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
This is a NASA safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Eligible for 3ERP
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award