Senior Manufacturing Planner 4New Orleans, Louisiana
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense & Space (BDS) is currently looking for a Senior Manufacturing Planner to join the Manufacturing Engineering Team located in New Orleans, LA. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies.
- Develops, implements and maintains various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
- Develops manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives.
- Develops and integrates suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
- Reviews and approves supplier data to ensure manufacturing related requirements are met.
- Develops tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Manages tools from initial design to end of use disposition. Investigates and resolves manufacturing related issues.
- Performs producibility assessments for part or product designs.
- Provides producibility input to design, manufacturing processes and manufacturing technologies to meet cost and schedules.
- Develops integrated work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
- Drafts, updates and reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This is a NASA safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- 3 or more years of experience in a lead role as a manufacturing technology analyst or manufacturing planner or manufacturing engineer
- 3 or more years of experience establishing manufacturing build plans
- 3 or more years of experience working in a production focused engineering role
- 3 or more years of experience working with tooling and/or manufacturing operations processes
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with NASA, commercial space or related DOD programs.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+4 years' related work experience, 8 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a non-union position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award