Associate Facilities Analyst - Maintenance Planner/SchedulerNorth Charleston, South Carolina
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing South Carolina is seeking an Associate Facilities Analyst - Maintenance Planner/Scheduler to support our Facilities and Asset Management organization. This Level 2 position is located in North Charleston, South Carolina with a possible assignment at the Interior Responsibility Center.
- Assisting in implementing maintenance planning and scheduling processes and developing process improvements.
- Performing conceptual analyses to determine the cause of asset failures and reduction in asset capacity by using reliability tools and methods (e.g., life cycle analysis, condition based maintenance, root cause failure methodology, mean time between failures, fault tree analysis, etc.).
- Facilitating the implementation of moderately complex improvements in asset effectiveness, availability, and maintainability to specify configuration of new assets in order to support reliability programs.
- Planning and scheduling preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and planned project work in coordination with production, industrial engineering, maintenance managers, technicians and equipment engineers.
- Coordinating the requisition of all predetermined parts, materials and special tools needed for job plans and ensuring that equipment will be scheduled with manufacturing operations.
- Tracking and reporting backlog of upcoming work (scheduled and un-scheduled), Machine Availability, Machine Downtime, Labor Cost, and Material Cost.
- Managing work orders waiting for scheduling in accordance with their designated priority, with an estimated completion date.
- Preparing job plans and estimates showing sequence of steps and the required labor hours to support tasks.
- Maintaining historical records and data to support strategic preventive/predictive maintenance tasks and proactive root cause analysis.
- Analyzing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) data and developing improvement plans based on the data.
- Coordinating TPM activities and ensuring proper follow through of TPM actions.
- Facilitating team relationships to ensure a thorough understanding of the organization's needs and requirements and the continuous improvement of machine processes.
- Communicating with internal/external suppliers and customers to coordinate scheduled activities.
- Exercising considerable latitude in addressing moderately complex scheduling issues.
- Assisting in efforts to review, create, improve, and document system processes and procedures which may include integration with multiple disciplines or organizations.
- Initiating enterprise or site cross-functional teams to create and validate processes.
- Assisting in defining methodology for data collection from various systems to perform analysis.
- Analyzing trend data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assisting with studies and research efforts using varied media (such as financial data, INTERNET, reports, benchmarking studies, new technology, etc.) for determining feasibility, viability, or capability in support of a program, project or customer request.
- Preparing and presenting reports with options and recommendations to site leadership.
- Conducting studies and research within specific area of expertise or pertaining to a broad area of experience and knowledge.
- Assisting with development of innovative solutions based on experience and technical ability.
- Ensuring that configuration control is maintained for data, processes, equipment, and documents.
- Supporting curriculum development and creation of training materials. Coordinating with internal training organizations and outside vendors as applicable.
- Performing problem resolution in support of business operations by investigating, developing and preparing alternatives, impact statements, and recommendations.
- Conducting studies and making recommendations for long-range plans and for current operations to support all levels of management.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Required Qualifications: (Required Skills and Experience)
- 1+ years of experience with facilities, maintenance, and construction
- 1+ years of experience in Program or Project Management from proposal through execution
- 1+ years of experience using all the following Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 1+ years of experience in Planning and Scheduling
Preferred Qualifications: (Desired Skills and Experience)
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience with Maximo as a work management tool
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively as a team member
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+1 years' related work experience, 7 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Individual Contributor - 2
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More