Associate or Mid-level Manufacturing EngineerNorth Charleston, South Carolina
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The 787 Production Engineering (PE) team at The Boeing Company is seeking 2nd Shift Associate or Mid-level Manufacturing Engineer (Final Assembly Joins / MID and AFT Body Structures) in North Charleston, SC. As a member of the PE team, the role is the direct owner of the build plan packages in the Final Assembly, MID and AFT Body.
- Develops and implements integrated section and plans to ensure build statement of work, technical and customer requirements are achieved using Boeing Policies, procedures and best practices.
- Owns Structures statement of work, build plan and provides World Class Manufacturing support, gathers resources and communicates personnel, facilities, services, equipment and tools to meet test and improvement project portfolio requirements.
- Assists throughout the value stream to enhance build plan performance and assists first-level managers and others within the team.
- Interrogates, interprets and communicates Engineering intent and able to provide detailed engineering intent and analysis.
- Provides on-going build plan feedback.
- Exhibits, and builds a team culture focused on the Boeing Values, working within the framework of the Boeing Production System to track and maintain satisfaction while improving skills and motivating the workforce.
- Provides input on the improvement of team business, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and technical requirements, goals, objectives and related metrics to ensure alignment with the Joins Factory Support Collaboration Center (FSCC).
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports.
- Uses the Boeing Production System to drive a culture of continuous improvement by communicating, improving, assisting, supporting and resourcing enterprise best practices across safety, quality, cost, delivery, innovation and people throughout the team that supports the cross-functional FSCC team and Manufacturing production area.
- Integrate in the larger Engineering organization and function as a part of a high performing team.
- Hours are dependent on aircraft and job needs.
Work Authorization Statement:
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Must have ABET accredited bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 2+ years of engineering experience associated with the development, selection, and/or revision of parts, materials, and processes specifications used to make structural and associated aircraft systems.
- 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of experience in Production planning, Owning Value Stream build plans
- 787 build plan (Final Body Joins and Wing Body Joins) experience is a plus.
- Be flexible & adaptable in a diverse & demanding environment and work schedule.
- Be able to interact positively with people throughout Boeing & the customer base.
Associate: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Mid-Level: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- This position is for 2nd shift.
Pay Range Summary:
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Associate Level: $75,650- $102,350
Mid-Level: $90,100- $121,900
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award