Associate Product Review Engineer- Liaison EngineeringNorth Charleston, South Carolina
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking Associate Product Review Engineers in North Charleston, South Carolina.
As a Liaison Engineer at Boeing, you will hold the unique role of being the production-facing, hands-on daily support to the factory. The main focus of this role is to support the production lifecycle of the aircraft, beginning to end, from an engineering perspective. As a Liaison Engineer, you will have the opportunity to gain technical knowledge of every aspect of the aircraft - from primary structure to interiors, aerodynamics, avionics, and more. You will address defects as they arise in production, assess potential solutions, analyze the integrity of the solutions, work with multiple job functions to verify that the solutions are attainable for manufacturing, and implement the safest solution to restore the aircraft to its original intended engineering purpose.
Every day, you will exercise independent thinking, technical problem solving, interdisciplinary communication, peer collaboration, and leadership within the factory setting. Liaison engineers undergo an extended training rotation program in preparation to acquire Material Review Board authority and gain understanding of all aspects of the airplane life-cycle; from fabrication, to assembly, delivery, and even in-service fleet support. The liaison engineering job function will immerse you in a multifaceted environment which will rapidly propel your expertise of aircraft structure, design, and systems.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Applies knowledge of Boeing design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops dispositions for design non-conformances.
- Evaluation and analysis of airplane production discrepancies of all types, such as electrical, functional test, chemical & thermal processes, raw materials, parts, assemblies, and airplane installations, resolution of parts and/or design repairs/rework on components, assemblies incorrectly designed, incorrectly built, incorrectly installed or damaged.
- Product Review Engineers represent engineering on the Material Review Board (MRB), responding to questions and concerns from manufacturing and engineering organizations.
- Additional duties are to evaluate engineering /production data to determine corrective actions necessary for the elimination and prevention of chronic errors.
- The Product Review Engineer works across all functions to ensure corrective action is implemented. Designs responsibilities include review/approve design revisions to enable improvement in production processes, with coordination across all functions to ensure design engineering concurrence.
- Product Review Engineers are expected to demonstrate innovative approaches in process improvement activities and the ability to work with multiple disciplines within engineering, manufacturing and other organizations.
- When working with suppliers, Product Review Engineers review and audit MRB activities for domestic and foreign suppliers.
Work Authorization Statement:
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- This position is for 3rd shift. Candidates must be willing to work on 3rd shift.
- ABET-accredited engineering degree, Engineering degree in the field of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, and Aerospace/Aeronautical.
- Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Current or previous Materials Review Board (MRB)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- This position is for 3rd shift.
Pay Range Summary:
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Associate Level: $73,950- $100,050
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities