Boeing Graduate Researcher - Materials, Process & PhysicsNorth Charleston, South Carolina
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
As the advanced central research and development organization of The Boeing Company, Boeing Research& Technology (BR&T) provides innovative technologies that enable the development of future aerospace solutions while improving the performance (safety, quality, cycle time, and cost) of existing Boeing products and services. We collaborate and support all three Boeing divisions: Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Boeing Defense, Space & Security, and Boeing Global Services. We also directly interface and support our key customers: the US Departments of Defense and Homeland Security, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and the Federal Aviation Administration. The focus is on technical excellence, enhancing Boeing's growth and productivity, and helping the company operate more effectively so it can provide its customers with solutions that best meet their needs.
Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! #TheFutureIsBuiltHere #ChangeTheWorld
- Scope of work spans initial concept to feasibility/development to production implementation and support starting with “clean sheet” design to correcting existing materials and manufacturing challenges.
- Successful applicants will work alongside a diversely experienced team of technologists and engineers in our world class labs and or production floor to support and or lead key technology development in the areas of composites materials and fabrication, metals including additive manufacturing, chemical including laser technology, assembly and automation including robotics, simulation and modeling (model based engineering), material and part design, fabrication, testing and qualification to solve challenging product and production issues.
- Serves under supervision for a specified period within the occupation and skill area that directly relates to their college engineering degree.
This is a full time, paid graduate research position for Summer 2020, located in North Charleston, South Carolina. The Boeing Student Research Fellowship Program is seeking candidates who are either currently enrolled or soon to be enrolled in a PHD program.
- Candidates must be technically proficient, proactive, team oriented, and possess good communication skills. The ability to work a minimum of 10 weeks (12 weeks preferred) in Summer 2020.
- Must have been enrolled in a PhD program in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or Electrical Engineering. Formal leadership positions in work, volunteer, or extracurricular organizations (e.g. manager, club officer, coach mentor, team lead).
- Candidates must have a passion for aerospace industry.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.