Boeing Graduate Researcher - Structural Analysis Methods & ToolsNorth Charleston, South Carolina
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) is offering internships for graduate research students. At BR&T, we provide innovative technologies that enable the development of future aerospace solutions. This position will join the Structural Analysis Tools team for work on model based systems engineering concepts and design for manufacturing technology. Specific mutual research areas of interest include model based concepts, programming, detailed finite element analysis. Join our team to make Boeing new aircraft concepts of the future into reality! This position is located in Charleston, SC.
Serves under supervision for a specified period within the occupation and skill area that directly relates to their college engineering degree.
- Supports definition of requirements, subsequent structural concepts and materials development, and structural testing.
- Contributes to programs developing capability for model based systems engineering for future structural programs.
- Utilizes FEA based structural analysis tools.
- Utilizes algorithm development for improvements to capabilities
- Completed coursework in structural analysis, structural design, and strength of materials towards a PhD.
- Experience with engineering design, analysis, and or test.
- Experience with FEA software (Abaqus, NASTRAN, etc.)
- Coding experience with FORTRAN, C++ or other programing languages.
- Experience with CAD software (Catia, Solidworks, NX, Creo, etc.)
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- The ability to work a minimum of 10 weeks (12 weeks preferred) in Summer 2020.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More