Payloads EngineerNorth Charleston, South Carolina
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) is seeking an Entry-Level Interiors Structural/Mechanical Engineer to join our Interiors Responsibility Center South Carolina (IRCSC) team based in North Charleston, SC.
In this role you will perform preliminary design and final design of interior components. Your work will include the need to interface with other members of project engineering, production engineering, program/product teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions. You will be able to combine the expertise and resources of the interiors organization to engineer the best interiors products within the industry.
- Assist with documentation of structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design.
- Assist with development, maintenance, and modification if payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other designs methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
- Assists with tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Assist with management of supplier development, test and production activities to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
- Works under close supervision
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelors of Science (or greater) from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry, or other technical degree.
- Experience with 3D modeling (Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, SketchUp, Pro-E, Catia, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Demonstrate good problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Working knowledge of standard business software (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to use a variety of media to clearly convey information and ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated interest in continuous personal learning and development
- Experience in aircraft structure, materials and properties, design criteria and release processes
- Ability to meet plan delivery deadlines when assigned.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for first shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award