Product Review EngineerNorth Charleston, South Carolina
This is a second shift position.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Applies knowledge of Boeing design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle. Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops dispositions for design non-conformances. Applies engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer and designs interim and final engineering solutions. Identifies documents, analyzes reported problems and communicates deviations that could impact design intent and safety; recommends and manages resolution. Develops and implements product/process improvements. Supports Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and participates in design reviews. Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment. Ensures supplier and build partner compliance with Boeing standards. Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment. Participates in on-site disabled product repair teams and accident investigation or support team. Analyzes damage repair or structural modification to determine appropriate jacking and shoring, prevent collateral damage and assure a safe work environment. Designs interim structural repairs and conducts static strength analysis. Develops non-destructive test procedures, tools and standards. Conducts simple static strength analysis.
The ideal candidate will possess a general knowledge of manufacturing operations. Tasks are generally urgent with short flow time requirements.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Applies knowledge of Boeing design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops dispositions for design non-conformances.
- Evaluation and analysis of airplane production discrepancies of all types, such as functional test, chemical & thermal processes, raw materials, parts, assemblies, and airplane installations, resolution of parts and/or design repairs/rework on components, assemblies incorrectly designed, incorrectly built, incorrectly installed or damaged.
- Product Review Engineers represent engineering on the Material Review Board (MRB), responding to questions and concerns from manufacturing and engineering organizations.
- Additional duties are to evaluate engineering /production data to determine corrective actions necessary for the elimination and prevention of chronic errors.
- The Product Review Engineer works across all functions to ensure corrective action is implemented. Designs responsibilities include review/approve design revisions to enable improvement in production processes, with coordination across all functions to ensure design engineering concurrence.
- Product Review Engineers are expected to demonstrate innovative approaches in process improvement activities and the ability to work with multiple disciplines within engineering, manufacturing and other organizations.
- When working with suppliers, Product Review Engineers review and audit MRB activities for domestic and foreign suppliers.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- This position is for 2nd shift. Candidates must be willing to work on 2nd shift.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “Us Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- ABET accredited engineering degree
- Engineering degree in the field of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, and Aerospace/Aeronautical.
- Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Current or previous Materials Review Board (MRB)
Education and Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More