Avionics SupervisorOdiham, England
The person chosen to fill this position will form part of an MRO modification, servicing and repair team. The individual must have served a recognized relevant trade apprenticeship or trade training equivalent, and should have knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health & safety & COSHH. Candidate must be experienced in the maintenance, modification and repair of aircraft, and aircraft components. Previous experience in leadership, supervision and control of technical staff is necessary – CH47 Chinook type course is desirable. The role requires an individual with good communication skills, with the ability to distribute and sequence technical work requirements to their team, controlling demanding workloads, whilst delivering to a high standard, and maintaining schedule. Candidate must be capable of understanding and interpreting technical documents, drawings and associated publications. Possess a working knowledge of MAA Regulatory Articles (RA), MAA Regulatory Publication (MRP) Part 145, aviation Quality Assurance (QA) and Safety Management System (SMS) and the application of these requirements within their area of accountability, responsibility and authority. They will supervise maintenance activities, fault diagnosis and carry out disturbed system functional tests. This may be at multiple locations.
This role will supervise technicians to perform tasks associated with aircraft safe handling, maintenance, modification and flight test. Candidate will be responsible to ensure established process adherence, accurate and timely work recording and contractual/regulatory compliance. Candidate must be able to work under minimal supervision with limited direction
- Leads the assembly disassembly and modification of systems by overseeing the change removal replacement or upgrade of aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes
- Oversees assembly disassembly or overhaul. Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment
- Directs troubleshooting of complex pneumatic hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components
- Oversees validation/verification testing of systems and components
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g. repairs test results applicable modifications and inspection results)
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements. Leads and supervises others to perform tasks associated with the safe handling of an aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing and system operations).
- Provides training and mentors others. Works under minimal direction.
Ideally you will have previous experience working on Boeing Ch47 Aircraft and be familiar with Boeing specifications and drawings. Have experience supervising a team of aircraft technicians
Ideally the candidate will have extensive experience working on Boeing Aircraft platforms and be familiar with Boeing specifications and drawings
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More