Business Improvement SpecialistOdiham, England; Gosport, England; Salisbury, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing’s continued success and growth is built on the philosophy of World Class Productivity and Quality the company approach to Continuous Improvement. This exciting role will support our Vertical Lift Business primarily supporting our Chinook Programmes. The role will combine Facilitation, Coaching, Training Employees, Project Management, and Project Delivery. Joining a successful Business Improvement Team this high profile position will support a range of Improvement / Change Initiatives including working and collaborating with customers and suppliers.
As a Lead Business Improvement Specialist in Lean / Process Improvement methodologies you will drive a range of initiatives and projects crossing into manufacturing, maintenance, engineering, supply chain, and other business functions to deliver benefits in safety, cost, quality and time. Expertise in facilitating workshops, conducting independent investigations, providing leadership in cost reduction and process improvement will be a core responsibility. The ability to coach, train and mentor employees at all levels in the development high performance work teams will also form a core element of the role.
- Project Management, reporting, recording and presenting updates and outcomes of improvement initiatives and related activities
- Working closely with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders to develop and deliver opportunities for improvements both at the strategic level and tactical level
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise in Lean / Process Improvement Methodologies
- Utilising the Company Productivity and Quality Improvement Systems which will include training and coaching others in those systems
- Training, Coaching and Mentoring in accordance with company standards to develop Employee Involvement Teams across multiple disciplines
- Assisting employee teams including suppliers to develop metrics to support process improvements in productivity, schedule and quality
- Delivery of Productivity, Cost and Quality improvements to support Business Goals & Objectives
- Excellent Stakeholder Management Skills with the ability to lead and inspire cross functional teams at all levels, able to influence and build strong professional relationships
- Project Management, Financial and Commercial Awareness with the ability to develop Business Cases to support CI Initiatives.
- Coaching & Mentoring skills to develop Employee Involvement Teams
- Strong facilitator with ability to work and influence in a matrix structure
- Experience of leading and organising improvement activities from 1 Day Kaizen events to 5 Day detailed Value Stream Process Improvement events
- Ability to work in a high performing and demanding environment
- Experienced in a range of tools that include Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving and Project Management
- Creating, analyzing data & information and translating this into recommendations for improvement
Education & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have significant and proven experience of leading teams, facilitation, project management and implementing Lean / Continuous Improvement systems in a range of industries that includes Aerospace and Security. Previous experience working in an Aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul environment will be advantageous.
- Your experience will enable you to demonstrate a track record of continued success where you have delivered tangible Business benefits through deploying Lean / Process Improvement Methodologies. You will also demonstrate examples where you have worked closely with customers and suppliers, built relationships and through those relationships delivered productivity, cost and quality improvements.
- You will have an appropriate academic education that underpins your working experiences. Qualifications in Project Management, Lean / Process Improvement, Six Sigma Methodologies will be expected. A relevant degree would be advantageous.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK residency. The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (SC).
All information will be checked and verified.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award