Chinook Continuing Airworthiness Management EngineerOdiham, England; Middle Wallop, England; Salisbury, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is looking for a Continuing Airworthiness Management (CAM) Engineer based at RAF Odiham to provide direct assistance to Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineers and Customer’s Chinook Deputy Continuing Airworthiness Manager (DCAM). As part of the delivery of the UK MOD Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) contract and associated modification programmes the CAM Engineer will provide Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Regulatory Publication (MRP) compliance assurance on behalf Chinook Military Continuing Airworthiness Manager (Mil CAM) by carrying out established company and customer processes.
The CAM Engineer will carry out continuing airworthiness assurance reviews on maintenance activity carried out by the BDUK Maintenance Organisation on Chinook aircraft by reviewing MOD Form 700 Series paperwork and electronic maintenance management systems. This is a full-time role based from Odiham, Salisbury or Middle Wallop with some hybrid working options.
- Assuring BDUK Program Managers and BDUK MRP Part 145 Operations Team with establishing a Statement of Work (SOW) for each air system allotted to BDUK for modification maintenance events at RAF Odiham
- Ensure any open deferred maintenance items, limitations or defects in the air system log book (MOD Form 700) that are due for resolution are reviewed for inclusion in the work pack for each air system as required
- Monitor and manage SI(T) planning, execution, reporting and requests for deferment
- Ensure that any repair schemes requested, delivered, approved and authorized for use are, if possible, included in the work pack
- Monitor and manage cannibalization events including authorization of cannibalization from Category (CAT) 3/4 aircraft undergoing repair in liaison with the Chinook Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation
- Raise issues with the BDUK Chinook Lead CAM Engineer or Level 3 CAM Engineer if there is any issue that will prevent success of the plan.
- Conduct Continuing Airworthiness Assurance Reviews according to BDUK procedures
- Support Level 3 CAM Engineers in development and improvement of BDUK Chinook continuing airworthiness processes
- Ensure the correct and proper use of the BDUK Safety Management System
- Ensure the correct and proper use of the BDUK Quality Management System
- Understanding of MAA Regulations and UK MoD airworthiness policies
- Contributes to the completion of specific programme milestones
- Provides solution to a variety of technical problems within their scope of work
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Professional Engineering Qualifications HNC/HND or Undergraduate Degree
- Proven experience in working unsupervised while carrying out routine work
- Experience in the application of UK MAA MRP, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), European Defence Agency (EDA) or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) and other international standards for continuing airworthiness
- A understanding of MAA MRP Part M and MAA MRP Part 145 requirements
- MOD Form 700 Series Knowledge
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities