AEW&C Mission Systems Software Manager
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
AEW&C Mission Systems Software Manager
The Boeing Defense Space and Security (BDS) Mission Systems (MS) Capability Team in the Airborne Early Warning and Command (AEW&C) Group in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has an opening for a first line Software Manager (level K).
The selected candidate reports to the AEW&C Chief Engineer and will lead a team of twelve to twenty software engineers with diverse backgrounds and skill levels. This team performs integration and testing of software developed for mission critical functionality for surveillance aircraft platforms that enables air superiority by detecting, identifying, and tracking airborne threats. The selected candidate will have responsibility for all facets of Mission System integration and test activities including but not limited to executing statement of work (SOW), preparing integrated scheduling, and staffing plans. This position requires the leader to become proficient at Cost Account Management (CAM) and Earned Value Management (EVM), which includes technical, cost, and schedule performance.
Job responsibilities will include overall management and direction for Software teams on AEW&C programs. This team will provide software products that integrate various capabilities including Communications & Navigation, Multi Source Integration, Health Management, Displays, Resource Management and more. This team also integrates supplier partner products into a final solution. The selected candidate will provide leadership to existing and future programs, support efforts to acquire new business, proposal development, Internal Research and Development (IR&D) activities, and Control Account Management (CAM) which consists of technical, cost, and schedule performance for the above areas.
- Collaborate with external Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and Program Management.
- Develop and execute project and process plans, implement policies and procedures, and set operational goals.
- Acquire resources for projects and processes.
- Lead process improvements.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manage, develop, and motivate employees.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Secret Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Capable of traveling up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience leading or managing projects and/or teams.
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- At least 3 years previous leadership experience in relevant complex systems integration and test domains.
- Experience in developing/maintaining team schedules, resource management, earned value management, process and performance metrics, risk management, identifying root causes, implementing corrective actions and other project management skills is highly desired.
- Airborne surveillance, command and control domain experience.
- Extensive experience in Software integration and test is preferred.
- Extensive experience with Agile development teams.
- Experience with Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEWC) and/or AWACS software lifecycle.
- Experience with foreign Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2) customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work well with customer(s) & focus on customer satisfaction is required.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.