Bombers Software Engineer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Bombers Software Engineer
Bombers Software is experiencing unprecedented growth across all of its supported platforms due to the award of multiple new contracts to modernize the Bombers fleets. These contracts involve the addition of new state-of-the-art radar systems, hypersonic weapons systems, and communications systems and displays. Bombers Software is seeking talented and motivated professionals to develop innovative solutions to complex problems for the B-1, B-2, B-52, and ALCM/CALCM programs. The selected candidate will support tasks across the full development lifecycle including design, development, test, documentation, and sustainment for a product line architecture and code baseline for Bomber aircraft platforms. Candidates selected for these positions will work in an agile, collaborative environment working with some of the latest software development tools to support development and integration tasks. Additional responsibilities may include documenting deployed processes and tools; collecting metrics; supporting software research and development projects. The selected candidate may also troubleshoot basic software issues, and other software engineering related duties as assigned by management.
This position will involve participating in scrum meetings, generating technical designs, participating in peer reviews, documenting requirements and test plans, and working under close supervision of product owners, scrum masters, and technical lead engineers.
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Gathers information to support software project management.
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics.
- Supports software research and development projects.
- Troubleshoots basic software issues.
- Works under close supervision.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Completed a bachelor’s degree or higher by either December 2019 or June 2020
- Minimum overall GPA for your undergraduate degree of 3.0.
- Degree or coursework in Computer Science, Software Design or Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Classroom or work related experience with the Software Development lifecycle (including Requirements Analysis, Design, Code, Integration & Test).
- Experience in embedded real-time software development.
- Experience with Autonomous Systems.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.