Entry Level Mechanical and Structural Technical DesignerOklahoma City, Oklahoma
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find
your future with us.
B-1, B-2, B-52 and KC-135 Spares Design Engineering, a team in Boeing Global Services’ Large Aircraft Modification and Sustainment Team, is currently seeking Entry Level Technical Designers for the program. These positions are located in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Develops and maintains engineering product definition by preparing design layouts, modifying existing designs and resolving design discrepancies to satisfy customer and production requirements.
- Coordinates engineering product definition with internal/external parties. Verifies engineering data by ensuring compliance to standards and integration of parts, instructions and tools.
- Investigates manufacturing processes or engineering related issues.
- Develops statements of work.
- Defines or revises fundamental engineering product definition.
- Verifies accuracy of engineering data.
- Gathers relevant data for root cause analysis.
- Produces changes to resolve discrepancies in design packages.
- Works under close supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. 2 years' related work experience).
- Experience multi-tasking and working in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively to reach decisions that are mutually acceptable to multiple engineering and support teams.
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with CATIA V5 or similar CAD/CAM software.
- Experience drafting engineering drawings or drawing changes with tools such as WiseImage, PowerPoint, or other similar tools.
- Associate's degree or higher from a course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. 2 years' related work experience).
Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation is not available.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More