Loads & Dynamics EngineerOklahoma City, Oklahoma
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking entry-level aircraft focused Loads & Dynamics Engineers to join the OKC Flight Systems Capability team with the opportunity to provide engineering and technical decisions for Boeing Military Aircraft (B-1B, B-2, B-52), Military Derivative Aircraft (AEW&C (737), AWACS (707, 767), ETS&S(C-32/C-40, E-4B, VC-25A, VC-25B), Tankers (KC-135, KC-767)) and other diverse aircraft and projects. Assignments will provide an excellent opportunity to learn aircraft loads and responses to flight conditions and other external environments for these various platforms.These Level 1 positions will be located in Oklahoma City, OK.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Basic analysis of commercial derivative and military aircraft structure and equipment subjected to flight loads, random vibration, and acoustic environments
- Perform various Finite Element Modeling tasks in support of analysis needs
- Review drawings of aircraft structure, modifications of aircraft structure, and hardware components for flight worthiness evaluations
- Support loads & dynamics issues during program level reviews and other technical meetings related to aircraft/hardware components
- On-the-job training will be provided and overseen by a lead/mentor Loads & Dynamics engineer
- Travel to support various customer meetings and/or test programs is expected to be less than 10% of work activity
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- College coursework and / or work experience in structural analysis
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Experience in any of the following technical competencies: Structural Dynamics, Noise and Vibration, Aircraft Loads, Finite Element Modeling, or Acoustic analysis
- Experience working in a Linux / Unix computing environment
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering is preferred
- Previous internship experience
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position will be located in Oklahoma City, OK and offers relocation assistance based on candidate eligibility. Applicants must reside in the area or be willing to relocate for this opportunity. NOTE: Basic relocation plan is being offered for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More