Project Engineer LeadOklahoma City, Oklahoma
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Lead Project Engineer to support the B-52 Communications team. This Level 4 position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Aircraft engineering/project proposal and support working with internal engineering multi-discipline teams, suppliers, and customers.
- Project management with application of program management best practices (PMPB), including earned value management (EVM) and developing integrated master plans and schedules (IMP, IMS) for large scale and complex projects.
Provides the Engineering leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers.
Develops statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research and development, ongoing and new business requirements.
Works with customers and management to obtain approval.
Responds to changes to SOW, assesses the impact and negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
Leads project execution to complete the work statement.
Identifies performance metrics.
Plans, identifies, and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program.
Defines plans for risk mitigation and opportunity.
Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned.
Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans.
Works under minimal direction.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Engineering leadership experience.
- Project and/or program management experience, including cost, schedule, developing and managing budgets, technical management, developing/maintaining team schedules, resource management, earned value management and risk management.
- Experience in work statement or project management including business case definition, scope, planning, scheduling and execution of complex projects.
- Experience preparing and briefing senior level executives and officials.
- Experience maintaining mechanical and electrical components or systems.
- Experience working with Military or DOD customers.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- BDS Engineering Internal Candidates Desired
- Experience with DOORS is a plus.
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS), variance analysis, that indicate progress and compliance with project and program requirements.
- Experience in System Engineering, Program Management.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers Relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may close before end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More