Senior Software Engineer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Software Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, & Security (BDS) located in Oklahoma City, is seeking highly qualified software engineers to develop leading edge solutions to directly support the warfighter. Boeing Software is experiencing unprecedented growth across all of its supported platforms due to the award of multiple new contracts.
Boeing OKC supports the following platforms; Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) for US, Saudi and NATO, Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEWC) for Australia, Turkey, United Kingdom and Korea, B-1 Strike Bomber, B-2 Stealth Bomber, B-52 Heavy Bomber, and the ALCM weapon. These platforms continue to be updated to keep them relevant and supportive of emerging military systems. Upgrades include state-of-the-art radar systems, hypersonic weapons systems, and cutting edge digital communication infrastructure.
Candidates selected for the Sr. Software Engineer positions will work in an agile, collaborative environment working with some of the latest software development tools to support development and integration tasks. Troubleshooting normally involves a high fidelity lab environment working with A/C hardware.
- Provide leadership to a team of software engineers assigned to one of the programs mentioned above.
- Perform software tasking that not only accomplishes team objectives but facilitates development of less experienced software engineers.
- Scope out and plan software modifications and provide technical coaching to teammates.
- Work under minimal direction
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Secret Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Programming experience with any of the following software development languages; Ada, C, C++, C#, JAVA
- 5 or more years of experience with software development
- Experience leading teams or projects
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience in embedded real-time software development
- Experience with various legacy languages Ada, and related development environments is preferred
- Experience in Software Architecture/Development
- The selected candidate must be comfortable in a highly collaborative environment (usually between multiple sites) and possess demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.