Structural Design Analysis and Payload Design EngineerOklahoma City, Oklahoma
Are you interested in a rewarding engineering career at a company that supports our nation’s warfighters? The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Structural Design and/or Analysis Engineers (Level 1) to join the Structures Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, OK. As a member of this team, you’ll be involved in developing structural modifications and upgrades for one of the following three programs: Bombers, Executive Transport Services & Support (ETS&S) fleet, and Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2). The Boeing Company has seen significant growth in Oklahoma in recent years and we’re looking for qualified engineers to be part of our team.
• Assist in the preparation of preliminary design with layouts, lofts, sketches, preliminary strength analysis to support trade studies, testing requirements, materials, processes, and tools, define interfaces
• Assist in the coordination with engineering disciplines and operations, customers, and supply chain to create final layouts, statement of work, estimates of resources, schedule, cost, weight, and risk in preparation for detail design and to verify that design requirements have been me
• Perform routine tasks in support of refining the design configuration by following regulatory and company approved processes and procedures to ensure structural hardware compatibility and conformance to engineering definitions, with general direction
• Assist to develop, integrate and document structural system requirements to establish the system design
• Develop, maintain and modify basic structural system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product life cycle
• Perform tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications
• Assist with supplier development, test and production activities and coordination with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals
• Support investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
This position is based in Oklahoma City, OK and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Ability to work conceptual, preliminary and detailed design including 2D drawings and 3D deliverables
• Experience or completed coursework in computer-aided design (CAD) tools to design mechanical components, subassemblies, or systems
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Experience creating structural / mechanical designs using CATIA & Enovia
• Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering degree
• Basic knowledge of structural design and analyses principles and practices from requirements generation to production and product support
• Basic knowledge of airplane structural repair methods
• Considers how day-to-day actions will affect customers; responds quickly to help more experienced employees meet customer needs and resolve problems
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More