Structural EngineerOklahoma City, Oklahoma
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Structural Engineers to join the Structures Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Opportunities exist on both the structural design and structural analysis teams where you will execute structural modifications and upgrades for Bomber programs, Executive Transport Services & Support (ETS&S), and Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2).
- Assists with tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications
- Assists with management of supplier development, test and production activities to optimize the design and achieve program goals
- Assists with documentation of structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design
- Works under close supervision.
Additional Responsibilities – Structural Design Engineer:
- Assists with development, maintenance and modification of payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle
Additional Responsibilities – Structural Analysis Engineer:
- Limited structural analysis using well defined analysis tools to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree or higher by June 2020
- Previous internship(s) or experience on a design/build team
- Experience and/or education in mechanical CAD design
- Experience and/or education in mechanical stress and structural analysis
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More