Technical DesignerOklahoma City, Oklahoma
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Technical Designers to join the Structures Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. As a member of this team, you will execute structural modifications and upgrades for Bomber programs, Executive Transport Services & Support (ETS&S), and Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2).
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and maintains engineering product definition
- Prepares design layouts and modifies existing designs
- Develops engineering product definition
- Develops statements of work, including design requirements, cost and schedule estimates Coordinates and develops work transfer packages
- Contributes to the integration of product definition across internal and external business partners to provide a functional end-product
- Investigates and resolves moderately-complex manufacturing process, or engineering related issues
- Verifies accuracy of engineering data produced by others.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience working conceptual, preliminary and detailed design including 2D drawings and 3D deliverables.
- Minimum of a year of experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience with CATIA
- Current/Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance or a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is a PLUS (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
- Experience creating structural/mechanical designs using Catia & Enovia
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years' related work experience, 5 years' related work experience, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More