Mid Level Test & Evaluation Lab TechPatuxent River Estates, Maryland
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Mid-Level Test & Evaluation Data Control Technician to support the P-8A or F/A-18 Flight Test programs at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station (NAS) in Patuxent River, Maryland. Data Control (DC) Technicians interface with engineers, peers, group leaders, internal and external suppliers, and laboratory users for direction, collaboration, approval, and identifying requirements to resolve data control tasks and problems.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting and resolving laboratory and test-related problems
- Coordinating test laboratory activities and maintenance and repairs.
- Establishes criteria and/or work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity, and service.
- Dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of the work is neglected; works to overcome obstacles to completing tasks or assignments.
- Complete ability in the use of personal computing hardware and software to enter project information, use data processing and transfer software.
- Complete knowledge of processes and tools to maintain, archive, and retrieve digital files.
- Complete ability in constructing/building and providing reports as needed for assigned projects.
- Working with flight test aircraft solid state recording devises to download, store, and transmit raw flight test data.
- Interface with flight test software database tools to download and create aircraft instrumentation and data processing system load generation media in support of ground and flight test.
- Preflight checking the chapter 10 and Weapon Separation Videos.
- Running data processing software on local workstations to process post-test quick look data.
- Virus scanning and converting data files for use in the unclassified and classified flight test data processing system.
- Control access to the data control laboratory, workstations and signing out of classified hardware to authorized personnel.
- Generating data tapes to ship and transmit data between the remote test site and Boeing St. Louis.
- Work with software developers to troubleshoot and checkout data download and transmission tools.
- Familiar with aircraft instrumentation and data processing systems.
- Works under general direction
This position may require travel to the various test sites to support the Integrated Test Team.
Variable Shift (if applicable):
Primarily 2nd shift. Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Associates Degree
- 3+ years’ experience computing equipment and its operating systems (e.g. Windows, Unix, Linux, and Open Source Tools)
- 3+ years' experience with computing networking /storage concepts and architectures
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance in the past 24 months
- Associate’s Degree or higher, a Technical certificate or degree, or 2 or more years of equivalent technical experience
- Experience in computing equipment or computer networks or data servers and associated software
- 1+ years' experience do you have with information assurance/cybersecurity requirements
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience (e.g. Bachelor +1 years’ related work experience, 5 years’ related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Employee Referral (if applicable):
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More