Aircraft Avionics ElectricianPetawawa, Ontario
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services is looking for high skilled aircraft maintenance professionals to support the Canada MHLH program on a continuing basis through to March 2023. The Contract Maintenance Support Team members will be responsible to ensure aircraft safety inspections are complete and perform modifications as required.
The Aircraft Avionics Electrician will work from our Petawawa, ON office and will report to the Maintenance Manager. The Aircraft Avionics Electrician will work as a key part of the aircraft maintenance team supporting the maintenance team by performing regular aircraft maintenance.
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems
- Corrects failures and implements changes
- Configures aircraft and bench test equipment
- Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components
- Documents procedures and establishes processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance
- Complies with safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight-worthiness
- Works under general direction
- Ability to perform as part of a cohesive team, working toward a common goal.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have 3 years’ experience as an Aircraft Avionics Electrician
- Knowledge of Royal Canadian Air Force operations and aircraft maintenance practices is required
- Must have knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks
- Current Canadian Secret Clearance is preferred or the ability to gain is required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1 year experience as an Aircraft Certification Authority (or Military Equivalent)
- Prefer DRMIS experience
- Experience and training on Canadian CH-147F Chinook preferred
- Must have a Canadian High school diploma or recognized equivalency
- Must have one of the following: FAA Airframe/Powerplant (A&P) mechanics license, Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license or Military equivalent
- Rotorcraft or military (AVS/Mechanic type course certified MOSID 00135) platform maintenance experience is an asset
Candidate must consent to Canadian Government Controlled Goods Program (CGP) assessment. Individual must not pose a risk for safeguarding of controlled goods. Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO LIVE AND WORK IN CANADA. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANT. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More