Lead Structual Analysis EngineerPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania; Mesa, Arizona
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Space Division is currently seeking Lead Structural Analysis Engineers (Level 4) to help us solve our customer’s toughest problems. Our Structural Analysis team use their enthusiasm, curiosity and creativity to solve challenging problems that connect with the daily work goals of the project, program, business units, and the enterprise. As an Lead Structural Analysis Engineer, you will solve these difficult problems and work with a multi-disciplinary team under general direction, ensuring structural integrity of the product through a variety of analysis methods and tools, and documenting and presenting the analysis results for customer and regulatory approval. These positions are located in both Mesa, Arizona and Ridley Park, Pennsylvania.
**These positions offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.**
- Leads development, integration and documentation of structural requirements to establish the system design.
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product's environment.
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- Leads development of test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Supports in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements.
- Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Shaping product / part design by determining appropriate structural sizing and material choice.
- Supporting production activities through analysis of non-conformances.
- Ensuring structural integrity and airworthiness of operational products used by our customers around the world.
- Work under limited supervision and within multi-discipline teams. May act in a technical lead role.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Experience performing stress analysis using both hand calculations and finite element tools.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- 9+ years of experience with structural analysis methods.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Structural or Civil Engineering field.
- Experience with aircraft and/or static structures stress analysis.
- Experience using CAD Software (CATIA, NX, Solidworks, etc.).
- Experience with FEM Software (Patran / Nastran, ABAQUS, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with Boeing analysis tools Common Structures Workstation, etc.
- Experience with design and analysis of metallic and composite materials
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More