Applies basic Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, and decision tools to promote and implement improvements in manufacturing, engineering and operations.
• Develops models, databases and spreadsheets to analyze data and provide summary analysis and metrics for consultation to management and suppliers. Examples:
o Line of Balance, Schedule Simulation, Daily Bar Chart, Manufacturing Operations Plan, Capacities Analysis, Standardized Work and Time Standards, Production Performance Metric Creation and Analysis, Process Improvements, Lean, Staffing Plan, Tool Plan, Make-Buy Schedule Analysis, Rate Analysis, Sub-tier Suppliers Capabilities, Capacities, Schedule, Rate and Quality Support. Manufacturing and Purchase Lead Time Reports Review, Schedule Planning and Validation. Work Transfer Plan.
• Researches, designs, develops, improves, and implements processes as directed to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts.
• Utilizes engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to assist in developing optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, tools, equipment) in the creation and validation of products.
• Identifies and evaluate risk and address them with contingency (back-up) plans and elevate for additional support as necessary. Facilitate meetings with a cross functional team. Function as a liaison to internal stakeholders at Boeing. Possess strong team building skills and adept at maintaining good relationship with all stakeholders. Read and understand technical documents and engineering drawings.
• Analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
1. Candidate must be eligible working in China
2. Excellent English and Chinese both in written and speaking
3. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
4. Good written and basic communication skills
1. Preferred candidate will have an accredited Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in Engineering.
2. Strong computer skills are required: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project.
3. Seven plus years of Aerospace manufacturing experience highly desired
4. Additional English fluency certifications highly desired
5. Preferred candidate will have experience in 5 or more of the following: Process Modeling, Manufacturing Operations Support, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical/Trend Analysis, Six Sigma, Capacity Planning, Production/Manufacturing System Design, Work Methods Analysis/Time Standards, Planning/Constraint Based Scheduling, Ergonomics & Human Factors, Facilities Layout Design, Root Cause Analysis, Inventory Control, Value-Stream Analysis.
5. Preferred candidate must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of personnel to gather information and data.
6. Critical skills include excellent written and oral communication and problem solving skills.
7. Experience performing Root Cause and Corrective Action analysis and implementation of acceptable preventive actions.
8. Must have extensive experience reading and understanding technical documents and engineering drawings.
9. Must be able to formulate a method and create a detailed plan\approach to meet technical requirements listed in a document or engineering drawing
10. Must be able to clearly communicate to all audiences to ensure their understanding of the technical requirements listed in a document or engineering drawing
Yes, 25 % of the Time
BCA Supply Chain
China; Boeing (China) Co., Ltd.