Advance Composite Rework & Repair B - 78806Renton, Washington; Everett, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking an Advance Composite Rework and Repair Mechanic to join our team in Renton & Everett , WA!
Mechanics in this position rework and repair aircraft parts and assemblies made from various types of material including; fiberglass, plastic and composites. This job is performed at various stages of the aircraft assembly process. Work is typically accomplished in shop, factory, on the flight line and on live planes. Employment in this position also requires handling, lifting less than 10 pounds, rotation of head/neck, standing, use of low impact vibratory tools, walking, contact with plastics, solvents and adhesives, exposure to noise and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm, ears and feet.
- Obtain work package from ready for work rack/file or as assigned by area lead or supervisor.
- Obtain drawings and use online database as required.
- Read Work Order (W/O) and drawings to determine work to be accomplished. Obtain materials that are required by the W/O or engineering drawing.
- Consult with management and/or others (e.g., engineering, planning, inspection, or customer) on process or job related issues as required.
- Layout and rework repair parts per W/O, Special Repair (S/R) or Rejection Tag (R/T).
- Use jigs, fixtures and templates when available or develop patterns from drawings or sketches as required.
- Layout locations for holes and cutouts from drawings, patterns or templates, as required.
- Cut out, route, trim profile, shape, drill, ream and finish a wide variety of metal bond parts and assembles using engineering drawings.
- Make shop aides to facilitate repair work, as required. Locate work area using drawings, Non Conformance Report (NCR), S/R, R/T or other paperwork which specifies area requiring repair.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g., scissors and snorkel lifts), to perform repair work, as required.
- Prepare damaged area of airplane (e.g., wing spoilers, flaps, rudders) for repair by sanding and cleaning using power or hand tools, as required.
- Layout and apply fiberglass, resins or potting compounds to rework areas, including minor dents or surface imperfections per W/O, drawing and/or BAC specifications.
- Flame spray aluminum coating onto composite parts to create conductive surfaces, per BAC specifications, as required.
- Bond parts and material together using vacuum restraint and heat source (e.g., lamps, blankets, ovens) to cure, as required.
- Drill, spotface, and/or countersink holes to correct size using drill motor or drill press.
- Perform minor assembly work, as required.
- Prepare rework area for final finish per BAC specifications.
- Evaluate type of identification to used (e.g., rubber stamp, stencil, ink jet, image machine, metal tags, electro etch) per BAC Specifications.
- Perform shipping procedures (e.g., wrapping in plastic, loading in tub skids, and dollies) when identification is completed.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner (e.g., paints, sealants, and solvents).
- Submit completed job or in-process checks to inspector at appropriate steps in sequence.
- Leave oral or written tie-ins for following shifts.
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience in setting and using precision measuring tools and equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and/or dial indicators.
- 1+ years of experience reading and interpreting aerospace engineering drawings and blueprints.
- 1+ years of experience using hand tools and/or hand-held power tools.
- 1+ years of experience in composite materials and fabrication.
High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for 2nd shift.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Other Relevant Information & Requirements:
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $ 21.00 - $44.08
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities