Assembler InstallerRenton, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking Assembler Installers to join our teams supporting Boeing Commercial Airplanes in Renton in Washington State! This is an exciting opportunity to assemble and install components, wiring and equipment for a critical structural assembly of an aircraft.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
As an Assembler Installer you will work within a final assembly environment by drawing on knowledge acquired from training and certification classes to complete your daily assigned work. By interpreting drawings and reading/comprehending work instructions you will be responsible for identifying your work (task) location on the airplane/part/tooling and identifying all required hand tools, parts and equipment to accomplish defect-free work.
- Look up/read/comprehend technical work instructions, drawings and/or specifications
- Use chemical lubricants, solvents, sealants, coatings, primers, adhesives, paints and special finishes
- Using a computer in a production environment
- Assemble and install parts, structural components and sub-assemblies to build and attach major wing assemblies. This includes sealing, plumbing system and electrical components. Work on composite/metal aircraft
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g., scissors lifts, elevated work platforms)3.Install various parts and assemblies such as landing gear, aircraft control surfaces, exterior panels, carpets, blankets, roller trays/ball mats, stowbins, sidewalls, ceiling panels, lavatories, galleys, doors, and seats.
- Install various aircraft system components such as tubing, valves, regulators, actuators, compressors, and ducts.
- Using drills and high impact vibratory tools (bucking, riveting), in addition to screwdrivers, lock bolt puller, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner, torque wrenches, crimpers, cable tools and various other hand tools
- Inspect work for quality and check for FOD (Foreign Object Debris)
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position will require the following on a daily basis:
- Continuous (6-8 Hrs) Flexion/extension (head bent down, head bent back), handling, kneeling, bending at the waist, reaching (overhead), Lying down (back, side, front), rotation of head/neck, standing, twisting at the waist, walking
- Frequent (3-6 Hrs) exposure to constant noise and inside a confined space
- Continuous (6-8 Hrs) bending at the waist, handling (holding/grasping), standing, use of high impact vibratory tools, working from an elicited platform
- Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/pulling 10-35 pounds
- Continuous (6-8 Hrs) Climbing/balancing (stairs, ladders, poles, scaffolding, inclined surfaces), Crawling, Crouching (squatting)
- Finger manipulation (keyboarding, other)
- Reading from a computer screen, printed drawings or documents
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings, specifications, material processes, schematic and diagrams
- Experience using software applications for internet navigation, email, Microsoft Suite and/or other specialized computer applications
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Attended a Boeing partnered manufacturing related high school or community and technology college academic program
- Ability to work with High Hazard Chemicals
This position is for 2nd shift.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award