Assistant Chief Pilot - Pilot ServicesRenton, Washington
Be a part of a team that is at the leading edge of flight safety, flight training, and flight operations. As an Assistant Chief Pilot, you will have the opportunity to work with professionals from across the industry and positively affect safety and operations of Boeing flight operations and that of our customers, world-wide. You will interact with pilots, managers, regulators, executives, peers, supporting team personnel, and Subject Matter Experts. This is a high visibility position. You will be leading a group of high-performing contract instructor pilots, reporting directly to the Chief Pilot, Pilot Services in Air Crew Operations – part of Training & Professional Services.
The successful candidate will manage contract pilots based all over the world. With occasional opportunities to act as pilot-in-command on flights.
The Pilot Services Team is responsible for supporting Direct Sale Training and occasionally supporting Pro Forma Entry Into Service work in support of the Flight Training - Airplane team.
- Operates aircraft and manages instructor pilots performing aircrew duties, including activities to prepare for and conduct safe flight operations; applies crew resource management principles to the operation of aircraft.
- Performs and manages activities to develop and conduct familiarization, qualification, standardization, flight and ground instruction for company and customer aircrew. Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals.
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops, trains and evaluates instructor pilots.
- Job requires FAA ATP or Commercial certificate with the appropriate endorsements.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Support staff based in Seattle. Due to the unique nature and associated travel with this position, virtual work option is available. (Domestic US based only)
This position must satisfy the safety sensitive drug testing criteria for the FAA. The selected candidate will potentially be subject FAA random drug screening requirements (US Domestic only)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Current FAA ATP or foreign equivalent
- Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
- Minimum 5000 hours total flight time in a transport category aircraft
- 1000 hours instructor time
- Possession of a passport or the ability to obtain one and travel both domestically and international
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience as a FAA Part 121 Airline Instructor Pilot and/or Line Check Airman
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Management experience
- Presentation skills
- International and transoceanic flight experience
Entry into this classification is limited to candidates approved by the enterprise-wide Flight Operations Skills Team. Appropriate regulatory certification and/or license required.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More