Associate Applied Mathematician
Renton, Washington; Everett, Washington
We’re looking for Data Scientists who can harness the power of data to help us create new innovations in aerospace. You’ll use advanced analytics to build the future.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Data Science employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Associate Applied Mathematician
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we create the future — of mobility, autonomy, speed, endurance, space access and exploration, undersea vehicles, cyber security, communication and much, much more. We connect people, products and ideas around the world. We protect people and nations. We explore the mysteries of the universe from seabed to space to cyberspace. We inspire future generations of innovators, dreamers and doers.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes Production Profitability is currently seeking an Associate Applied Mathematician to join their team! This position requires working in a dynamic team environment across multiple functions. Due to the research nature of the work, requirements are subject to evolve during the course of projects.
As applied mathematicians, we lead in evaluating, creating and applying mathematical algorithms and tools in harnessing emerging technology into innovative products and services as well as solving business problems. Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future!
The primary location of this position is Everett, Washington with the ability to support in Renton, Washington occasionally.
- Interprets and formulates problems in mathematical or computational terms
- Develops algorithms and evaluates resources to solve mathematical problems
- Assists with mathematical research
- Influences colleagues and customers to use mathematical tools and processes
- Codes, tests and maintains mathematical software tools
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Technical Bachelor's, Master's or a PhD degree (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study).
- Experience in applied mathematics
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Programming experience with software development languages
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to adapt to changing environments and work statements
- Work in multidisciplinary teams, a strong desire to work with technical and non-technical audiences and be a self-starter
- Passion to develop mathematical/machine learning algorithm in research & development and apply mathematics to solve hard industrial problems
- Strong software programming skills and experience of programming languages such as R, Python, Matlab, Java, C, or C++
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master, 6 year's related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.