Design for Environment Health and Safety Manager, Commercial and Commercial DerivativeRenton, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore, and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you will learn and grow while contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing team is seeking a Design for Environment Health and Safety Manager, Commercial and Commercial Derivative located in Renton, WA. This position will provide EHS program execution and strategy under the new EHS organizational structure. The incumbent will lead early engagement of EHS environment and safety requirements in commercial and derivative development programs (NMA, FSA, PAR). High engagement with BCA Product Development and BCA sustaining program engineering will occur.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Manage employees and first-level managers performing activities within multiple (2 or more) Engineering disciplines
- Develop and execute integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives
- Acquire resources for department activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- Manage, develop and motivate employees and first-level managers
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of experience leading or managing a team in a diverse or multi skill discipline
- 3+ years of experience do you have in any of the following area of Human Factors Engineering: Ergonomics
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Factors or Psychology with emphasis on Systems Engineering, Safety or Aviation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering
- Degree in Environmental Engineering or related Environmental field
Typical education and experience described in our standard level guides are aligned to the type and number of years of experience/education required to perform the job in industry. For management positions, our industry sources do not specify typical experience/education. For reference you may review the non-management level guide most relevant to the work performed.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More