Electronic Maintenance Infrastructure TechnicianRenton, Washington; Seattle, Washington; Kent, Washington; Tukwila, Washington; SeaTac, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing is hiring an Electronic Maintenance Infrastructure Technician to join our team supporting our South Puget Sound Facilities including Renton, Seattle, Kent, Sea-Tac, Tukwila and Puyallup. You will install, service, maintain, upgrade, and modify process equipment, Alarm Systems, Fire Panels, cranes, RF systems, tank lines and waste treatment plants.
- Use technical knowledge, existing procedures (or develop new procedures), and internal/external resources to diagnose and correct equipment and/or system malfunctions
- Modify, test, calibrate, and document system configurations to meet compliance requirements.
- Use various types of computing systems or electronic/electrical test equipment to test accuracy of electronic/electrical components/systems.
- Work with Management, Engineering, equipment manufacturers, vendors, and other organizations to analyze and make recommendations on facility and equipment design requirements, capability and improvements.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years’ of experience with electronic and electrical troubleshooting.
- Experience with Fire Alarm Systems and Panels.
- Ability to work any shift, any listed location and overtime as needed.
- Ability to work at heights up to 125 feet above ground level and pass Fall Protection Training.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Prefer experience in troubleshooting programmable logic controllers (PLC), AC and DC drives, and servo systems. Fire Alarm Systems and Panels.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
This posting is to support multiple shifts.
Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.