First Line Information Technology ManagerRenton, Washington; Hazelwood, Missouri
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a First Line Information Technology Manager to join their Finance and Program Management Systems Team. This position will lead a team of analysts and developers to partner with business stakeholders to identify, design, and develop solutions to integrate with and within the SAP suite of software products that drive business value across the Boeing enterprise. The services consists of: Cost Management, Earned Value Management, and Enterprise Planning.
The statement of work includes responsibility for meeting near term business priorities through enhancements to current systems that pave the way for the next generation Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) capabilities; driving the use of new, advanced digital technologies and analytics; and partnering with ERP Global Solution and Process Owners to lead the design and development of solutions integrating current systems with next generations capabilities.
This position can be based out of St. Louis, MO or Renton, WA.
- Partner with ERP Global Solution and Process Owners to lead the design and development of solutions integrating current systems with next generations capabilities
- Drive the use of new, advanced digital technologies and analytics
- Responsible for meeting near term business priorities through enhancements to current systems that pave the way for the next generation Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) capabilities
- Manage a team of technical specialists at multiple sites in their day-to-day operations, job performance, career development, and skills/knowledge growth
- Collaborate with internal customers, external vendors and recommend solutions that drive innovation and business value
- Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of ERP products, services, and industry trends to select appropriate technologies to meet business requirements
- Promote business projects and their value to the IT leaders and community
- Understand the software development lifecycle management process to govern the activities of the team
- Collaborate across IT and with business function counterparts, responsible for the successful integration of a variety of systems, platforms, and architectures
- Model behaviors and demonstrates leadership that aligns with the culture to performance strategic direction
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience performing in a leadership role
- Technical Bachelor's, Master's or a PhD degree (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study)
- 3+ years of experience leading technical teams
- 3+ years of experience creating IT solutions that drive innovation increasing growth and productivity for the business
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in setting goals, expectations, and developing opportunities that challenge and reward innovation and excellence
- Demonstrated willingness to aggressively learn new things
- Knowledgeable of how the business and organization operates, in the current state and future objectives
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams/projects involved in large scale integrated systems development, deployment, and/or operations
- Strong knowledge and experience with leading IT Service Management
- Strong knowledge and experience with engineering systems development and/or support
- Leadership experience in aligning an organization to key initiatives for enabling innovation, global integration, productivity improvements and cost avoidance
- Experience in partnering with line of business product development organizations, establishing relationships and driving with velocity actions necessary to meet Boeing's goals and objectives
- Experience leading a globally diverse and highly skilled work force
- 3+ years of experience with industry ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system or an equivalent such as SAP (System Applications & Products)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More