Journeyman ElectricianRenton, Washington; Auburn, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Journeyman Electrician to join its team!
- Obtain work assignment from Team Leader, Plan Of the Day (POD/POW), CMMS (MAXIMO), online systems or other appropriate sources (e.g., supervisor, engineer).
- Obtain appropriate electrical drawings (e.g., wiring diagrams, schematics, manufacturing, project administrator sketches) for assigned job, as required.
- Determine if system should be shut down or if work must be performed with power source on.
- Lock out, tag out, try out equipment and related systems, as required.
- Perform primary and secondary test on electrical breakers during routine maintenance.
- Replace, update and retro fit breakers, as required.
- Perform routine tests on high voltage switches and relays, using hipotential test equipment (Hipot), replace switch or relay, as required.
- Troubleshoot electric motors using appropriate test equipment.
- Monitor current, voltage, amperage, frequency and watts hours at sub-stations using on line computing system.
- Check and service electrical systems, using infrared analysis sheets to locate hot spots in service panel, as required.
- Use PC (Personal Computer) or laptop to program and/or troubleshoot PLC controlled systems on building related equipment.
- Service and maintain electrical systems on various types of overhead cranes.
- Operate, install electrical systems and perform functional test of building and/or plant equipment (e.g., machines, motor controls, room remodels), as required.
- Install and perform routine maintenance on all types of lighting fixtures (e.g., fluorescent, halide, standard) clean and check sockets, replace ballast and bulb, as required.
- Run high voltage electrical cable from sub station to unit station, cut and splice cable, test cable for resistance using a Hipot.
- Install, replace and repair fiber optic cable for computers and computing systems, as required.
- Bend conduit and install junction boxes, as required.
- Pull wire of various gauge and color through conduit using a fish tape, install and connect switches and outlets.
- Check work after completion or after each operation; ensure job is per drawing and WAC, NEC codes.
- Maintain a clear and understandable written/verbal tie in to communicate with other shifts, as required.
- Maintain personal certifications and tool certifications, as required.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner.
- Evaluate job for work to be performed (e.g., wire size, electrical load, conduit), as required.
- Work with other crafts (e.g., millwrights, transportation, painters, plumbers) in appropriate sequence to accomplish tasks.
- Lead lower class employees in the performance of electrical work.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g.,tiger lift, spider lift, snorkel lift), to access area to be worked on, as required.
- Install wire, crimp, terminate, and solder using tools (e.g., crimpers, wire cutters, soldering gun) in plant electrical systems.
- Establish/verify voltage, amperage, frequency and watts using test equipment (e.g., circuit trackers, sonic circuit chasers, volt, amperage meters), as required.
- 3+ years experience as an Electrician or apprentice
- Electrician license (EL01 &/or EL 07) or an apprentice training card
- 1+ years experience maintaining industrial equipment
- Must be able to pass fall protection training
- Working knowledge of VFD's
- Working knowledge of PLC's
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP.
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More