Logistics ManagerRenton, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a talented and motivated Logistics Manager to join the dynamic team in Renton, WA. The Logistics Manager will lead a team of highly skilled transportation professionals who are focused on executing daily operations (internationally and domestic) for expedites as well reducing our costs and developing changes to improve the enterprise network – with the commercial and defense sectors. This position will work have the ability to influence and impact over $500M in yearly spend. Expertise in logistics and transportation operations is essential to successful performance. Interested individuals should be goal-focused and team oriented as well as display superb leadership skills that inspire top-tier performance and daily innovative improvements. Successful candidates will enjoy making a difference, look for positive outcomes, and have fun. Join the Boeing Company and be challenged.
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Manage a three-shift logistics team that support the company’s expedite operations 24/7 – executing on exception requests from suppliers and business partners;
• Ability to influence without authority with integration into business units outside of direct reporting structure;
• Design routes, methods, process, and procedures that deliver results at the lowest landed cost;
• Develop and execute project and process plans, implement policies and procedures and set operational goals;
• Acquire resource for projects and processes, provide technical management of suppliers and lead process improvements;
• Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports;
• Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes;
• Manage, develop and motivate employees and teams;
• Develop and execute integrated organizational strategies and plans;
• Establish performance metrics and monitors critical supply chain service providers with the appropriate detail and frequency to determine trends and financial deterioration well in advance of actual performance impact or default;
• Establishes and maintains enterprise-wide early-warning systems to highlight risk exposure, minimize financial impacts, and prevent production line interruptions;
• Identify and employ innovative and cost-effective technologies and management processes to achieve better service and business results;
• Influence the decisions made on best mode of transportation to carry freight on behalf of Boeing and subsidiaries;
• Identify logistics and ordering strategies to reduce overall inventory levels;
• Drive a service culture mindset within Transportation Warehousing and Logistics to enable business partners and employees to achieve performance excellence at a competitive cost;
• Manages carriers/providers in the performance of their statement of work; tracks performance metrics, leads business reviews, and establishes corrective actions as needed;
• Identify and develop supply chain risk mitigation processes, procedures and plans
This position is based in Renton, WA, and may involve infrequent travel to other Boeing locations
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 3+ years of management or experience leading teams
• Experience with logistics management
• Experience in supply chain risk mitigation protocols, practices and policies
• 5+ years of experience working in Supply Chain, Logistics or Material Management Services (MMS)
• 5+ years of experience with U.S. export control regulations
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More