Machine Repair MechanicRenton, Washington; Seattle, Washington; Everett, Washington; Kent, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Tukwila, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing has an exciting opportunity for Machine Repair Mechanics in the Puget Sound region in Washington State!
Machine Repair Mechanics repair critical equipment, perform preventive and predictive maintenance and complete projects such as mechanical hardware upgrades. Along with this, they communicate accurately, concisely, and professionally with customers on important repair steps taken, parts ordered and time estimated until completion. Plus, they repair/replace defective equipment, overhaul/rebuild and assemble a wide variety of plant equipment to include Numerically Controlled (NC) machines, robotics & end effectors, modular assembly equipment, precision-built machines, material handling equipment, stationary generator sets and process equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions on all types of factory machinery including, Numerically Controlled (NC) and Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machine tools and controllers, gearboxes, stationary generator sets and machine accessories using various types of test equipment.
- Develop maintenance procedures when documentation is not available and devise and make tools to facilitate work.
- Obtain job assignments from data systems, from management or from engineers.
- Ability to review and interpret work orders, tie-ins, technical manuals, machine operations and are able to communicate with production employees to determine appropriate crafts skills and repairs needed to return machines back to production readiness.
- Obtain and analyze drawings, sketches, hydraulic schematics and specifications needed to perform assigned work in order to perform preventive and predictive maintenance inspections.
This position will require the following on a daily basis:
- Frequent (3-6 hours) exposure to noise.
- Frequent (3-6 hours): Sit, Walk, Stand, Climb/Balance, Rotation of Head/neck, Flexion (head bent down, head bent back), Twisting at the waist, Handling/Grasping, Keyboarding/Mouse, Repetitive motion, Fine finger manipulation.
- Occasional (1-3 hours) Fine motor skills, lifting less than 10 pounds and sitting.
- Occasional (1-3 hours) use of face, eye and head protection.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience repairing and troubleshooting manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Ability to work at heights up to 125 feet above ground level and pass Fall Protection Training.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work around electromagnetic fields as a result of various types of production equipment.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP.
Successful applicant will be required to pass an on-line assessment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award