Market & Customer Spec (Market Customer)Renton, Washington
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) Features Business Development & Marketing is seeking a Market & Customer Specialist to bring to market, position and market airplane features to our commercial customers. This specialist will be responsible for understanding the business elements, as well as the technical aspects of a feature, and then based off of their understanding of customers and their operations, successfully build a business case for the feature with the customer. The business case and positioning for a feature might span all BCA airplane programs, integrated feature/service fleet offerings with Boeing Global Services (BGS) and/or features developed through various corporate initiatives. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating feature information across Commercial Sales & Marketing, Customer Engineering, and Boeing vertical integration teams.
- Create awareness and enhance communication of feature sources of value to enable customers to make more informed feature selections
- Develop in-depth knowledge of customer business, culture, requirements and related topics relevant to customer feature selections
- Partner with BCA Feature Strategy, Customer Engineering, configurators, BCA programs, Boeing Global Services, Marketing, and Sales to achieve maximum feature value for customers
- Develop highly customized feature materials, broader market trends, persuasive customer presentations and innovative marketing tools to convey value benefits of Boeing's offering to customers
- Present feature materials & broader trends to airlines & lessors
- Aggregate & distribute feedback on customer sources of value and future feature needs
- Develop analysis to support customized tailored business solutions (bundles, discounts, etc.) and integrated fleet solutions needed to close the business case for features
- Support the development of highly integrated "Go To Market” Plans for new features to the market
- Engage with customers to gain valuable insight on new features in development
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and able to influence others to support decisions
- Drive analysis and draw strategic conclusions for key decisions and tradeoffs
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Understanding of Boeing customers, airline operations, and sources of customer value related to airplane features
- Experience working with BCA programs, customer engineering and configuration teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong strategic and quantitative analysis acumen
- Experience working with financials and Net Present Value (NPV) valuation
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree preferred but not required
- Experience working with sales, and marketing of engineering/technical products
- Foreign language skill is a plus
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
25% of the time.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More