Mechatronics Maintenance TechnicianRenton, Washington; Seattle, Washington; Kent, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Tukwila, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking Mechatronics Maintenance Technicians for multiple manufacturing and production locations in the Puget Sound region in Washington State, in support of Boeing’s Commercial Airplane division (BCA).
Mechatronics Maintenance Technicians maintain some of the most technologically advanced manufacturing equipment in the Aviation industry. Depending on your work location you could have the opportunity to help maintain equipment such as: Flex Tracks, High Speed Mills, Automated Tooling Systems, Carbon Fiber Layup Machines and Multi-Axis Robotic Equipment.
Mechatronics Maintenance Technicians use schematics, blueprints, sketches, manuals, and draw on their own expertise to repair/replace defective electrical and mechanical components on equipment using hoists, gantry cranes, and hand power tools. Along with this, they act as subject matter experts and provide stakeholders with recommendations on facility and equipment design improvements.
Mechatronics Maintenance Technicians perform critical, preventive-maintenance inspections of various equipment when requested to prevent breakdowns or major overhauls. This is facilitated by preparing mechanical maintenance reports, charts, and sharing this information with various stakeholders.
- Perform continuous operational checks of equipment and perform preventive maintenance
- Repair and/or replace defective electrical and mechanical parts on equipment
- Capable of working at heights of up to 125 feet when required, climb a 15ft vertical ladder, enter into a small confined space, rotate neck, bend at the waist and head, stoop, arch backward, twist, squat, crouch, kneel, and crawl, lie down and operate foot controls
- Lift /carry/push/pull equipment of various weight
- Able to reach, sit, walk, stand, balance, climb stairs, use ladders, lifts and various other mobile equipment
- Able to safely use hand/arm protection, (gloves), hearing/head protection (earmuffs and helmets)
- Able to work around electromagnetic fields as a result of various types of production equipment
- Able to operate in a high noise exposure environment
This position will require the following on a daily basis:
- Frequent (3-6 hours) exposure to noise.
- Frequent (3-6 hours): Sit, Walk, Stand, Climb/Balance, Rotation of Head/neck, Flexion (head bent down, head bent back), Twisting at the waist, Handling/Grasping, Keyboarding/Mouse, Repetitive motion, Fine finger manipulation.
- Occasional (1-3 hours) Fine motor skills, lifting less than 10 pounds and sitting.
- Occasional (1-3 hours) use of face, eye and head protection.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. US person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Minimum of 1 year of experience maintaining Industrial Electronic and Electrical systems (related academic coursework in Industrial Electronics/Robotics/Mechatronics counts towards experience)
- Must be able to work any shift
- Ability to work at heights up to 125 feet above ground level and pass Fall Protection Training.
- Ability to work overtime
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Associate’s degree or higher in; Mechatronics, Industrial Robotics, Electronics or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher learning.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for 2nd shift.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.
Applicants must pass an on-line proctored assessment administered through the Advanced Manufacturing Technical Education Collaborative (AMTEC).
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.