Media Relations LeadRenton, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Communications has an exciting opportunity for an experienced communications professional to lead strategic media relations planning and implementation at Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), the company’s largest business unit.
This position plays a key role in sharing the story of Boeing’s family of commercial airplanes such as the 787 Dreamliner, 777X and 737 MAX. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with communications colleagues, leaders and subject matter experts throughout the company. Additionally, he or she is adept in building and maintaining media relationships, highly organized and able to work effectively with competing priorities and under tight deadlines.
The role is also responsible for strengthening integration across media relations and other communication teams, as well as improving processes and use of media monitoring tools and reporting. The position is a part of the BCA Communications team and reports to the senior director of Media Relations, International Communications and Airline Partnership Marketing in Renton, WA.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain strong media relationships to effectively communicate Boeing news, strategies and company priorities
- Proactively ensure accurate coverage, manage media issues and promote and protect the company’s reputation through factual coverage of Boeing and the aerospace industry
- Secure, manage and staff interviews with top tier and industry media
- Serve as media focal for a portfolio of company issues
- Manage messaging, edit and stage news releases and company statements, coordinating with news wire services and business units
- Provide media counsel and support to senior executives
- Lead engagement with key industry stakeholders and partners
- Monitor, track and measure breaking news, coordinate reporting/distribution and anticipate potential events and take appropriate action
- Engage communications team members in planning and execution of external communications activities to meaningfully support business objectives
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 8+ years' Communications work experience
- 8+ years' experience working in journalism or media relations
- 8+ years' experience in developing and implementing strategic communications plans
- 4+ years' experience in Politics, Campaigns, Public affairs and/or issue advocacy
- 4+ experience leading teams in a formal and/or informal role
- 4+ experience in teaching, coaching and developing others
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+13 years' related work experience, 19 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More