Product Manager - Data/API PlatformRenton, Washington
Be a part of Boeing Global Services' Training & Professional Services (T&PS) team that is at the leading edge of flight safety, flight training, and flight operations.
As a Product Manager for Data and Digital Enablement, you will have the opportunity to work with professionals from across the industry and positively affect the safety and operations of Boeing and that of our worldwide customers. In this high visibility position, you will interact with executives, managers, and peers, supporting team personnel, and Subject Matter Experts.
We are looking for an outstanding product leader who has demonstrated experience building and managing a large-scale data/API platform and understanding how it fits into a greater platform ecosystem. The candidate must be able to influence across multiple internal company organizations, be a powerful communicator and analytical thinker, design thinker as well as have a history of delivering results. Strong skillset in matrix management is necessary.
- Play a leadership role in defining and implementing the strategy for our data/API platform and the developer ecosystem
- Define and drive the strategic APIs for the organization; collaborate across the teams of product and technology owners to deliver the APIs to solution teams
- Relentlessly push to understand customer needs and ensure the customer is considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Collaborate with teammates across multiple organizations to bring new products to market
- Drive make/buy/partner analysis and decisions to create a holistic solution that creates the most value for our customers and The Boeing Company
- Set product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, epic and story writing, project execution, A/B testing, and product roll-out strategy
- Establish and measure success using key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Leads a development team through a rigorous process of test and learn with a focus on identifying and developing a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish a rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Export Control: The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Employee Referral Bonus: Referrals to this are eligible for bonus
Relocation: This position is located in Renton, WA and does not offer relocation. Candidates must reside in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Experience working in a product management capacity
- Experience with Agile, SAFe, and/or LEAN methodologies
- Experience leading teams
- Demonstrated ability and track record of influencing across organizational boundaries
Desired (but not required) Qualifications:
- Experience with Program Management Best Practices
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More