Software Engineer 3
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Software Engineer 3
Boeing Special Projects Dallas is seeking experienced software engineers with an active Top Secret clearance to support multiple programs. These programs include development, production and sustainment contracts for the Advanced Airborne Sensor (AAS) and Littoral Surveillance Radar System (LSRS) and are located in Dallas and Richardson, TX.
- Candidates for this position will have knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle with demonstrated proficiency in developing and maintaining real-time software products throughout the software lifecycle in a structured software development environment.
- The successful candidate is interested in design and development for real-time software, is highly motivated, has excellent problem solving ability, and is willing to work in a diverse and team oriented environment.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Be sure to include clearance on resume.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry with 5 or more years of professional software development experience.
- Object-oriented software development environment experience, using high-level languages.
- Professional experience with Java, C or C++.
- Familiarity with software configuration management.
- Familiarity with software development through the software lifecycle.
- Linux/Unix operating systems
- Low-level driver/operating system implementation
- Cyber Security/RMF
- Information Assurance
- Software Architecture Design
- Open System Architecture
- Open Mission Systems standards
- Operator Machine Interface design/implementation
- Software integration and testing
- COTS software integration
- IBM Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase, ClearQuest
- J-Form Designer
- Prior military or commercial avionics software development.
- Familiarity with formal development processes and current software engineering topics.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Yes, 10 % of the Time Commercial Derivative Aircraft Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company