Data Science InternRichmond, British Columbia
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Vancouver is currently looking for a skilled and inquisitive Data Scientist Intern to bring the fast-growing, ever-evolving power of data science to aviation and aerospace. The Data Scientist intern, will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Data Science and will be working out of the Richmond, BC office.
This is an 8- month opportunity, starting in January, 2024.
As a Data Scientist Intern, you will have to combine the skills of a developer and a detective, drawing on a wide palette of mathematics, statistics, machine learning, and programming techniques to unravel mysteries too subtle for the naked eye. You will get to work closely with our customers, building their trust, studying their problems and business needs, and you will blend artistry with science to visualize and explain your findings and stories. We want you to invent new ways of doing things, and to contribute your own specialties to problem-solving teams of diverse backgrounds. We want you to help us craft and launch leading-edge operational solutions around the world.
Above all, we are seeking someone who will value and champion our culture of learning, trust, and relentless collaborative energy. We love breathing new science into the industry, and we love sharing the journey. We believe that thirst for knowledge and having fun go hand-in-hand. Come build Vancouver’s local data science community with us and make a global impact!
• Work closely with our government customers to understand their business problems.
• Conduct exploratory analyses and data set characterizations
• Research and propose (where applicable) appropriate technology/method to address business problem
• Execute data science and analytics project tasks
• Coordinate internal documentation and quality reviews
• Effectively communicate technical approach, assumptions, help needed and business outcomes to project team, analytics leadership and customers.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite in Richmond, BC.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Must be legally able to work in Canada
• Must consent to Canadian Government Controlled Goods Program (CGP) assessment
• Individual must not pose a risk for safeguarding of controlled goods
• Must be willing and eligible to work on government and defense-related programs
• Must be a currently enrolled student attending a university or college working towards a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical discipline
• Must be proficient in Python
• Must be proficient in SQL
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience):
• Related work/internship experience is considered an asset
• Working towards a Master’s degree.
• Project management knowledge (PMBOK, Agile, Kanban) is an asset
• Domain knowledge in the aviation & aerospace industry is an asset
• Knowledge or interest in the following areas:
• Reliability and survival statistics
• Natural language processing (NLP)
*Graduates are ineligible unless continuing in post graduate studies.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Canada. The employer is Boeing Canada. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Benefits and pay are determined by Canada and are not on Boeing US-based payroll. This is not an expatriate assignment.
To review the Canadian Controlled Goods and Public Service and Procurement Canada requirements please go to the following government pages below:
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are proud members of the Valuable 500 and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award